Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: (800) 817-3729
Phone: (608) 821-4600
Atterbury, Kammer & Haag, S.C.
Call Us (608) 821-4600
Toll Free (800) 817-3729
Fax (608) 821-4610

Have you received confusing letters from your health insurance company asking for information about your car or truck accident?

Comments (0)
Have you received a letter from your health insurance company asking for information about your injuries and the identity of the person or insurance company responsible for your injuries?  We see these letters all the time.  This is because your health insurance company has in your insurance policy a provision granting them the right of subrogation.  Subrogation means that when you settle with a third party, such as an automobile insurance company, your health insurance company has the right to be repaid for all the bills it paid on your behalf.  This means when you settle with your insurance company you need to make allowance so that you health insurance company can be paid from the settlement funds.  A lawyer can help you negotiate with your own health insurance company to reduce the amount that you have to pay.  Also, sometimes health insurance companies attempt to include charges that are unrelated to the injuries you suffered in the accident.  An attorney can help you with that situation as well.
Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment

To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."


Email:* (will not be published)


Notify me of follow-up comments via email.