Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: (800) 817-3729
Phone: (608) 821-4600
Atterbury, Kammer & Haag, S.C.
Call Us (608) 821-4600
Toll Free (800) 817-3729
Fax (608) 821-4610

What am I entitled to recover?

If you are injured in an automobile accident, you are entitled to recover accident-related medical expenses and lost wages from the at-fault driver. Further, if your injuries have impaired your ability to earn a living in the future, you are entitled to recover that loss. Along similar lines, if your accident-related injuries require future medical care, this is recoverable as well.

Beyond such quantifiable losses such as medical expenses and wage loss, you are also entitled to recover what is commonly known as "pain and suffering." This broad concept includes compensation for a wide array of important intangibles such as:
  • The pain that you experienced from your accident-related injuries.
  • The loss of enjoyment of life you have had to endure.
  • The impact your injuries have had on your family life.
  • The impact your injuries have had on your ability to do your job.
  • The impact your injuries have had on your recreational activities.
  • The impact on your social life.
  • The simple inconvenience of having to go to the doctor to treat your injuries.
  • Scars.
  • Disfigurement.
  • Permanent physical limitations.
  • The impact of having to take medications.
  • The pain and limitations that you will have from permanent injuries.