Recreational Vehicle, Boating And Watercraft Accidents: Understand Your Rights
Most recreation vehicles and personal watercraft are a source of entertainment and fun. So it can be especially shocking when a day of leisure turns into a tragedy.
Injuries can happen when a driver is inexperienced, careless, taking drugs or alcohol or using excessive speed. Accidents can also be caused by dangerous property conditions. Mechanical defects contribute to a number of recreational vehicle accidents.
Which Vehicles Are Recreational?
There are several types of vehicles that are classified as a recreational vehicle (RV). These include:
- Motor homes
- All-terrain vehicles (ATVs)
- Dune buggies
- Dirt bikes
- Boats and personal watercraft
The Serious Nature Of Watercraft Accidents
Serious accidents and sometimes fatal injuries occur on or near a body of water. Boat collisions, recreational equipment such as tubes and rafts, and personal watercraft accidents can not only cause bodily harm but can result in drowning. Explosions and fires on boats are also not uncommon. Many times an accident caused by the misuse of a watercraft leads to significant compensation for the victims and their families.
Recovering Damages Even If You Are Partially At Fault
- It takes experience and diligence to determine the exact cause of an accident and of an injury. Your attorney must also be adept at assessing legal liability.
- Depending on the cause of the accident, the driver, property owner, or even the vehicle seller or manufacturer can be held liable. These people and companies may have insurance to cover the damage. Yet it is well-known in personal injury that insurance companies are not out to help victims recover the full and fair amount that is due to them. One tactic insurance companies use is guilt; they will attempt to blame the accident on the victim.
- In Wisconsin even if you are partially at fault you can still recover damages. Wisconsin law states that if you are less than 50 percent at fault you are eligible. For this and other reasons it is in your best interest to contact a proven Wisconsin personal injury attorney.
The Special Circumstances Of Mobile Homes And RVs
Not many people realize that the same safety laws that govern a car also govern mobile homes and RVs. Passengers are supposed to be seated and buckled in when the vehicle is in motion. When a person roams they can be violently thrown during impact. With enough force, items inside the vehicle can also become dangerous projectiles. This includes kitchenware, luggage and furniture.
Contact The Highest Rated Accident Attorneys
All three of the attorneys at the Middleton firm of Atterbury, Kammer & Haag, S.C., have attained the very highest rating a trial lawyer can achieve in this country. When you hire us, you get the highest rated attorneys.
The Atterbury, Kammer & Haag, S.C., Difference
We are not easy settlement seekers but committed professional attorneys who will do what it takes to make matters right. Even if your recreational vehicle case is challenging or has been rejected by another firm, we may be able to help. Call us toll-free at 1-800-817-3729 or 608-821-4600. Or email us about your case with this contact form and we will get in touch with you.