Your Case Start To Finish
Insurance Company Misconduct/Bad Faith
- Life Insurance Companies Keep Death Benefits Even When They Learn The Insured Is Dead
Imagine that a parent or grandparent takes out a life insurance policy, pays premiums for it for years, sticks the policy in a cabinet or drawer someplace, and the beneficiaries (children or grandchildren) never know the policy exists.
- What Is Insurance Bad Faith?
The law recognizes consumers’ relationship with their insurance company as a special relationship.
- 6 Obligations Your Insurance Company Has To You
We are often asked what obligations an insurance company has to its policy holders. An insurance company must treat you fairly.
- Beware Of The Insurance Company’s “Independent” Medical Examination
When a policy holder makes a claim for personal injuries with an insurance company, the insurer may have a right to order an “independent” medical examination.
- Does Your Insurance Company Use Software To Minimize The Value Of Your Claim?
In many cases the answer is yes. Most, if not all, major insurers use a software program to assist with processing injury claims.
- Filing A Complaint With The State Of Wisconsin Commissioner Of Insurance
If you feel you have been wronged by an insurance company or its personnel, you can file a complaint with the State of Wisconsin Office of the Commissioner of Insurance (OCI).
- Supreme Court of Wisconsin Issues New Insurance Bad Faith Decision
On June 14, 2011, the Supreme Court of Wisconsin issued a decision on Brethorst v. Allstate Property & Casualty Insurance Company. This case involved an allegation of bad faith on the part of the insurance company.
- What Can I Do To Punish The Wrongdoer And To Make Sure This Does Not Happen To Anyone Else?
We are often asked by our clients whether they can punish the insurance company or take actions to make sure the insurance company will not engage in the same conduct toward others.
- What is the Wisconsin Unfair Claims Settlement Practices Act?
When it comes to insurance companies and your insurance policies, do you know your rights? In Wisconsin, the Unfair Claims Settlement Practices Act protects WI insurance policyholders from deceptive, unjust, or unreasonable insurance company actions.