ATV rollover crashes frequently cause severe and sometimes fatal injuries. Often, they are preventable, and the negligence of another party contributes to them. Talking with an experienced Wisconsin ATV accident attorney after an accident should be a priority.
Motorsport recreation is common in Wisconsin, especially in areas where land and space are ideal for dirt bike and all-terrain vehicle (ATV) use. Whether riding simply for fun and recreation or using ATVs and side-by-sides while hunting and exploring, unfortunately, serious accidents can and do occur.
What Causes ATV Rollover Accidents?
Rollover ATV accidents cause severe and fatal injuries. This common type of ATV accident is often caused by the terrain’s slope and the speed of the vehicle. However, some rollover ATV crashes happen due to a vehicle or part malfunction. Other causes of ATV rollover accidents include:
- Driving an ATV on pavement—they are designed exclusively for off-road use
- Riding double on an ATV that isn’t designed or built to carry passengers- keep in mind that most ATVs are designed for a single rider only
- Letting inexperienced operators ride without an experienced ATV riding partner
- Riding without adult supervision
- Performing risky or dangerous maneuvers or stunts
- Driving an ATV in unfamiliar areas or terrain
- Failing to obey Wisconsin state laws and local ordinances
Who is Responsible for an ATV Rollover Crash?
It’s essential to identify who might be responsible for your ATV crash if you want to pursue compensation for your injuries. A knowledgeable Wisconsin ATV accident lawyer can review the circumstances of your accident to determine if anyone is liable for your injuries. Depending on the situation, one or more of these parties could be at fault:
- The owner of the ATV
- The ATV’s manufacturer or parts manufacturer
- The property owner
- Another person who was on the ATV with you
Get Help from a Wisconsin ATV Accident Attorney
ATVs can provide fun, recreational experiences for friends and family. As with any vehicle, it’s essential to focus on safe driving and operating practices. If you or one of your loved ones were injured in an ATV rollover accident, it’s in your best interest to contact Atterbury, Kammer & Haag, S.C. as soon as possible. Your legal rights are time-limited under the Wisconsin personal injury statute of limitations.ATV accidents of any kind can be particularly devastating. They take victims and their families by surprise. We can’t change what has happened, but we can help you move forward in the best way possible. Find out how we can help. Call 1-608-821-4600 or contact us online today to schedule your free ATV rollover accident case review with an experienced Wisconsin ATV accident lawyer.